DuckDB 2.0: Upgrade Now or Wait for 2.0.1?
DuckDB 2.0: Upgrade Now or Wait for 2.0.1?
Query.Farm Dispatch · October 27, 2026
DuckDB 2.0 is out. If you’re running 1.4 or 1.5, should you upgrade now or wait for 2.0.1?
We compared issue activity across 46 DuckDB-owned repositories, benchmarking 2.0, 1.5 and 1.4 against their own pre-release activity to account for growth.
The core engine’s issue surge was smaller than 1.5’s after adjusting for the baseline. Clients and installers received more reports than their baselines predicted. More people were filing issues, including more first-time reporters.
Those counts don’t establish which reports are regressions introduced by 2.0, how severe the problems are, or what business impact they have.
Read the full report, charts and data →
We’d start evaluating 2.0 now, paying particular attention to the clients and installers you use. At Query Farm, we’re moving our extension and development work to 2.0 and preparing the first Haybarn release for it. We’re watching the incoming reports and fixes closely.
We’ll keep this preliminary report updated as more data becomes available. This edition uses data through 26 October 2026 UTC.
Reply to this email if you’d like help with a DuckDB upgrade, integration or application.
Thanks for reading,
Rusty